Death Tolls across history
- Introduction & Recurring Sources
- About the author
- Alphabetical Index of Wars, Oppressions and other Multicides
- Multicides of the 20th Century, Grouped By Size:
- The body count probably exceeds 5 million
- The body count probably falls between 1 and 5 million.
- The body count probably falls between 300,000 and 1 million.
- Between 100,000 and 300,000.
- Between 30,000 and 100,000.
- Below a year of murder, but greater than the Galveston Hurricane (6,000).
- Below that.
- Total for the 20th Century, and some comparisons
- Individual Battles and Massacres of the 20th Century
- The 21st Century
- The 19th Century
- The 18th Century
- Before the 18th Century - Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern
- Who's Worse?
Last updated March 2011
Copyright © 2010-11 Matthew White